- Recipe: Creamy Milk Soup
- – 4 cups whole milk
- – 1 cup heavy cream
- – 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- – 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- – 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- – 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- – 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- – 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 2. Gradually whisk in the milk and cream, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the soup has thickened.
- 3. Stir in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 4. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped chives, if desired. Serve hot.
- Joke name: Milky Milky Moo Moo Soup