- Recipe: Creamy Milk Soup
- – 3 cups of whole milk
- – 1 cup of heavy cream
- – 2 tablespoons of butter
- – 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- – 1 teaspoon of salt
- – 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- – 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- – Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2. Add the flour and whisk constantly until the mixture turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Slowly pour in the milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- 4. Add the salt, black pepper, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- 5. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- 6. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- 7. Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 8. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
- Joke Name: Milky Way Soup